Subjects: Quantitative Reasoning and Statistical Reasoning
Do you want to earn extra income? Are you licensed in the state of Virginia to teach Mathematics? Well, now’s your chance!
Who’s Hiring: The Southwest Virginia Education and Training Network (SVETN) is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit corporation governed by educators. Elite Learning, the primary service of SVETN, provides dual-enrollment, virtual courses to high school students throughout Southwest Virginia.
- Quantitative Reasoning (MTH 154): Presents topics in proportional reasoning, modeling, financial literacy and validity studies (logic and set theory). Focuses on the process of taking a real-world situation, identifying the mathematical foundation needed to address the problem, solving the problem and applying what is learned to the original situation.
- Statistical Reasoning (MTH 155): Presents elementary statistical methods and concepts including visual data presentation, descriptive statistics, probability, estimation, hypothesis testing, correlation and linear regression. Emphasis is placed on the development of statistical thinking, simulation, and the use of statistical software.
Location: Virtual; all instruction will be performed online via Canvas Learning Management System. Canvas will be provided by the Virginia Community College System (VCCS)
Application Deadline: Open until filled; courses will begin August 2021
Rate of Pay: Selected instructors will teach one or more course sections. Instructors are paid on a per-course basis depending on total enrollment. Instructors will receive a 1099 for tax purposes.
Application Procedure: Submit resume and letter of application to Dawn Stafford at email@example.com.
Nature of Work:
- Locate and utilize open source academic resources
- Update and revise current course material
- Direct, monitor and evaluate student progress
- Effectively communicate with students, high school counselors, and parents
- Perform all instructional tasks
Candidates must hold or be eligible for a Virginia teaching certificate with endorsement in mathematics. The candidate must also have a Masters degree with at least 18 credits in Mathematics.
Although not required, preference will be given to applicants who have taught online courses in the past.
To Learn More About Elite Learning: www.svetn.org
To Learn More About These Teaching Positions: Contact Dawn Stafford at dstafford@ swcenter.edu
Employees of the Southwest Virginia Education and Training Network shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, national origin, disability, marital status, gender or age.